We had a WONDERFUL holiday day off together as our little family. It was like my crafting Karma worked for me, not against me... Until we got home. But, we (and by "we" I mean "I" while the hubs and Little Monkey sat in the car) had fun browsing through antique/ junk stores. I have so much to show you about my finds, but unfortunately my Karma stopped at the finds and none of it came together enough to show off yet.
Instead I'm going to show off what's finished of the girls' bathroom.
Have I ever mentioned I'm a sucker for geometric designs? I painted stripes on the dining room wall of our first apartment and swore to never paint anything like that again. Then, I painted diamonds on the bedroom wall in our first house. Again, I swore never to do anything like that again. Guess what I painted on the walls of the bathroom?!? CHEVRON STRIPES, which apparently combines stripes and diamonds. Never doing anything like that again. Riiiiiiiiiiight.
Anyway, I think it turned out pretty cute, despite the fact that I was too lazy to tape off and some of the lines aren't exactly straight.
Har She Blows:
The theme is the song You Are My Sunshine.

The Stripes... AHHHHH!
I created these by drawing diamonds on the wall and only painting portions. (I know, such an exact science.)
The hubs calls the wall the Charlie Brown wall because he says it looks like Charlie Brown's shirt.
I painted clouds on the ceiling by using a 97 cent sea sponge from Wally World and twisting my wrist to blend the paint when I was dabbing it on.
Here's a little bit of it all, the stripes reflected in the mirror, the sunshine, and the clouds.
Little Monkey REALLY, REALLY, REALLY loves bath time and I wanted her to have a fun, cheerful place to be able to fully enjoy her favorite time of day.
Wellp, I hope you had a stupendous Labor Day weekend!!! Here, in Okie-land we had a fall weather teaser all weekend and it's got me gearing up for autumn-- MY FAVORITE SEASON E.V.E.R-- but we'll get into that soon enough.



No comments:
Post a Comment