Thursday, November 17, 2011

Handprint Wreath Tute

So much has happened in the forever since I've blogged.


Most importantly, Baby #2 arrived!!
World, meet Evi.


She gorge, isn't she?!?




Well, Christmas is only 36 days away, can you believe it? Since I hate dealing with the crazy shoppers, I make many of our gifts... Especially wreaths (if you hadn't guessed by the name of the blog or my other postings and comments).

Today we debut the Handprint Wreath



Here's what you need:


-flour
-salt
-water
-cute, little grubby hands
-oven
-burlap
-scissors
-wreath form
-hot glue gun
-pretty flowers

First, I found the Homemade Grits tutorial on Pinterest and followed her instructions to a T, getting these beautiful handprints of my girlies.


Then, I cut strips of burlap about 4 inches wide, wrapped them around the wreath form, and glued them in place.

  
Next, you take your flowers and your handprints (I try to keep a few pre-made ones handy, although, if you don't have any, here's an easy tute on how to make them) and play around with the placement until you find one you like then glue, glue, glue. 


Well, looky there... The finished product, guaranteed to be uber loved by the Grandmas in your life. 



Hopefully it won't be so long until the next time I post, although, I'm not gonna' lie, it's been wonderful doing nothing but holding Evi. I hope you have a spectacular day!!!




I'm excited for this giveaway where I could win a Silhouette! Can you imagine how crazy crafty I'd be then? But, really, you should check out Little Miss Momma's Blog, it's great-- she has awesome tutorials and stories. 


No comments:

Post a Comment