Let me show you something ugly.
Here you go:
See, I told you. Ugly.
Nasty contractor grade tiles in my kitchen. Ugly.
I HATE them. Since the day we closed on the house I've been shopping around for something different. I can't stand the tile. It doesn't match the granite nor the floors. We needed a change... Although my hubs disagreed. Leave it to a guy to not care about kitchen tiles.
I found some beautiful glass tiles that would go swimmingly, but unfortunately they're a little out of our price range for now. Like I said, for now. I WILL get those tiles. I will. I will.
In the meantime I couldn't stand the tiles, so in a surge of nesting energy Baby 1 and I headed to Home Depot this afternoon and came home with this:
For the record, I've loved the idea of having a tin backsplash for years and now seemed like an opportune time. Since my initial days of liking tin, they've come up with handy dandy plastic looking tin. It's relatively inexpensive, easy to cut and to adhere. Lucky for me, I could use double sided tape and it won't be permanent so I can get my glass tiles after all... eventually (as the hubs so quickly reminds me).
This was the kitchen before the super awesome plastic tin:
And this is it after:
(Ok, so the closeups are much prettier... and it looks even more superb in real life.)
This is how I spectacularized our kitchen:
Of course one must start with the necessary tools. (I'm telling you the Sunday School Sing Along CD was a MUST in getting the job done and my partner in crime, Baby 1, most definitely agrees).
I measured the areas to be covered.
I cut the plastic to size using plain ol' scissors and a box knife.
(For the record, cutting the stupid outlet holes was a PAIN.)
On went the double sided tape.
Peel, stick and wallah! Ain't it purty?
According to the hubs, who you'll remember thought that nothing needed to be done to the kitchen, "It makes us looks rich." Not quite sure how fake (I guess the proper term is faux) tin makes one look rich, but I'll take it!
1. I would have never guess that it was plastic and not real tin!!
ReplyDelete2. I love that the kiddo cd was a must.
Isn't it amazing where modern day technology has come? Little Monkey loves that CD and therefore Mommy Monkey does too, it's been a lifesaver.
ReplyDelete