Sunday, November 27, 2011

Chalkboard Cups Tute

Ok, so when I found out I was hosting Thanksgiving at our hacienda I was tempted to bust out the silo cups and permanent markers to keep from rewashing glass after glass... Then I remembered something I'd seen plastered all over Pinterest. However, with the kiddos and such I knew wine glasses wouldn't be a good idea so I came up with this idea to match the more rustic table setting I was planning. Here it is.... Wait for it.... Ok, I'm impatient... It's mason jars (used as cups) with chalkboard paint.


Here's what you need to make the magic happen:


-Jars
-Chalkboard Paint (which by the way is stinky)
-Paint brush (although I think it would be easier with a sponge brush)




1) Take your jars and paint outline


2) Glob on the paint by dabbing it
(I tried painting layers on each but each layer would come off when I painted the anything on top of it.)


3) Let the paint dry then write the names on them
Just a side note, don't put them in the dishwasher, even on the top shelf. It melts the paint right off.

I hope you all enjoyed your Turkey Day! We had a blast around here spending time with family. I somehow even conned the Hubs and my Father-in-Law to put my Christmas lights up!!

27 Days til Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment