Sunday, January 11, 2015

Be Still

In Psalm it says "Be still and know that I am God." Today I am having trouble with the whooooole verse. Maybe it makes me a bad Christian, or maybe I'm just honest, or maybe all of the above?!? I dunno. Today is a struggle and I KNOW that Satan is really, really wanting to get the best of me. Normally on Sundays I go to church and small group... Today the pipes of my kitchen sink and disposal decided they'd had enough and I spent church time on a date with the kitchen sink. Even after my wonderful neighbor fixed it for me, running to the hardware store and everything just so I could stay home and not venture out in the cold with the kiddos, even after he fixed it, I was still scrubbing dried on food substance and grossness off the inside of my cabinet and bottom of my sink. It blew-- big, fat, stinky balls. It blew. Not what I planned for my Sunday morning and afternoon.... Boo!! So much for getting to church. Also all afternoon the hubster wanted to fight. It stressed me out. I hate fighting. Even when we aren't talking about it it's an underlying stress. I hate it. I hate fighting with and stressing over him. All because of stupid West Virginia. Stupid, stupid West Virginia.  Did I mention stupid West Virginia? I'm so worried that the only way we can be together as a family is to actually move the girls back up there, but they hate it there (not exaggerated) as do I. Stupid West Virginia. Seriously. Like not kidding... That state is just awful. 
But, I digress. As the day wore on I thought it was looking up because I got to shower (HOOORAY!) and the girls and I went on a Starbucks run. We stopped the house on the way to small group to grab my Bible and the girls' food when Number 1 who has been potty trained for over two years peed in her booster seat!!!!!! That's right, peed in the car!!!! Then, after getting her changed, and asking Monkey 2 FOUR different times if she needed to potty, including while I was buckling her in right before I got into my seat, Monkey 2 lets loose in her car seat also. Indeed, the child who has been potty trained for over a year peed in the car too. OH MYLANTA!!!!! By the time everyone was all cleaned up it was too late to make it to small group and the husby was wanting to fight some more. It was an exhausting evening. Totally exhausting. Actually, the whole day was exhausting. When, in a day like that, do you have time to be still? Yet, days like today I need that reassurance of knowing that God's in control and He's got this. I don't know why I'm worrying about it... I just need to take a breather and rest in the assurance that the King of all things is taking care of all things. Why don't I remember this when I'm scrubbing junk off the cabinets, breaking up kiddo fights, trying to be patient with Lover Boy, worrying about our future as a family, and stupid West Virginia.... Being still is SO HARD for me. Pray with me, Friends, that we will all learn to be still so we can find that reassurance of the Almighty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment