Friday, January 9, 2015

Lots of Ups Today and a Poke

Today. Today started off actually getting ready early enough to stop at the dry cleaner and Starbucks BEFORE I took the kids to the babysitter...(next door neighbor)... Then got to my doctor's appointment early enough to read Matthew 5-7. Today. Today God smacked in the face that it REALLY isn't important to have treasures on earth. Then today the specialist told me maybe my knee isn't so wonky, just my pelvic floor causing trouble for said knee. Same said knee
then saw the hugest needle you've ever seen jammed into it. It smarts a little today but with make it feel better soon. Supposedly. Today, though, today... Today, after said knee and needle my friend Matty took me on a lunch date and I got to have adult convo and talk about my crazy
and eat crab cakes. Yum. And I say again, yum. Today was yummy. Today. Then today I came home and Monkey 2 napped-- HOORAY! Hooray for today. Today Monkey 1 and Monkey 2 and some friends are catching Big Hero 6 and dinner- Mexican style. Today sounds like it will end on a good note, but I don't see how it won't because today I made one of the top 5 decisions of my life, aside from accepting Jesus as my Lord, marrying my amazing hubster, and loving my Monkies. Today I committed to Ruth and I am so, so, so very excited. Today I want you to meet Ruth.
She's a child from the village outside Calo Me Lare orphanage in Uganda and I am excited to sponsor her education!! 
It took me a very long time, a lot of prayer, and discussion with our family whether or not we could make a sustainable commitment but we decided that TODAY, today was the today and once I did it I was so overcome with happiness and joy. So, today. I like today. I am content. Today is one for the record books. Happy day... And a needle. More happy though. I'm happy today. Hooray for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment